[ardour-users] Destructive editing

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:30:26 PDT 2007

I am curious about destructive editing... although it's unlikely I'd
ever need to use it, for what purpose would it be used? The
application notes for Ardour mention it being used for dubbing in
motion picture post-production... why would destructive editing be
used for it? When I think of destructive editing, I think of the old
days of cutting and splicing tape (or film).

-- Brett