[ardour-users] automation portability inquiry

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 22:00:31 PDT 2006

On 10/26/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 20:02 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Paul,
> >    I would be disappointed if that was the case. I haven't done all
> > that many sessions in Ardour but it would be a drag to not have them
> > work anymore. I expect that there are other folks out there with far
> > bigger problems than I would have though.
> >
> >    If for some reason it doesn't make sense to put conversion into
> > Ardour 2.0 is there a possibility that someone on the development team
> > could provide a conversion program so that older sessions could be
> > converted to 2.0 format before we load them?
>
> this option would be my preference, yes.

Mine also. If it turns out that for some reason someone cannot go to
Ardour 2 for awhile then they can keep an unconverted version of their
session files and still use Ardour 0.99/1.0.

Way down the road sometime, once everything is a bit more proven, you
can always integrade the conversion program anyway, but in keeping
with your love of the command line I think a conversion program is a
good way to go.

Thanks,
Mark