[ardour-users] Most console-like EQ plugins for Ardour? and LADSPA GUIs.

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Nov 24 03:56:49 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 11:29:33AM +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:

> While it might be nice to really measure the filters to see what they
> are doing, you don't really need to see more than the faders/knobs of
> an EQ. You have to listen to it! After all its sound you do, not
> video. The only thing you want to see is the recording level. Almost
> everything else is unneeded and disturbing...

While EQ settings should be judged on how it sounds in the end,
a graphical representation allows to see at a glance what is going
on. There might be lots of tracks/busses with EQ and other efects
and the user can't be expected to memorise it all. You could compare
it to a comment in sourcecode, which helps the author to recall what's
going on, or another user to get it at all :)

Now I think an ardour-mixer-strip-gui extension for lv2 plugins would
rock, but I can easily say that, I won't implement it myself anyway ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms