[ardour-users] font problem

michael garuda at wi.rr.com
Tue May 30 18:15:58 PDT 2006

I get this message on startup:

The font "-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-*-*-*" does not
support all the required character sets for the current locale "C"

I then end up with fonts larger than before, so the the mixer barely
haes enough room to be useable.    I have been using ardour for 2 years
and haven't experienced this before

I haven't changed anything in ardour.  I'm running a demudi installation
w 2.4 series kernel that has been "migrated" to Debian unstable  (quite
stable apart from the name actually....  )

ardour is the only program I run that has font issues.   I guess I dont
know what locale "C" is and wonder if that might be the problem?