[ardour-users] recover wav from crash?

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Fri May 26 03:41:16 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 01:07 -0800, Patrick Stinson wrote:
> I've left ardour recording a single stereo stream a few different
> times, all over 2 hours, and it has crashed, leaving rather large and
> somewhat valuable chunks of wav data in the 'sounds' folder. What
> format is this data in? Is it just missing a RIFF header, assuming
> it's 16b signed int LE? I'm using the universal binary I downloaded to
> day, and running it on my new intel iMac 2.0 GHz. The disk has plenty
> of space, and I use 1GB of RAM.

If I say sndfile-info ardour-sounds-file.wav, I get

File : ardour-sounds-file.wav
Length : 22964924
RIFF : 22964916
WAVE
bext : 648
fmt  : 16
  Format        : 0x3 => WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT
  Channels      : 1
  Sample Rate   : 48000
  Block Align   : 4
  Bit Width     : 32
  Bytes/sec     : 192000
data : 22964224
End

You'd have Channels: 2 and possibly a different sample rate.

bye
John