[ardour-users] Tranzport

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Fri May 19 05:17:30 PDT 2006

Quoting Brett McCoy <idragosani at chapelperilous.net>:

> I'm interested in trying out the Tranzport control surface... is Ardour
> 2.0 stable enough for doing some basic experimentation?

That depends on your gtk version. With gtk+ 2.8.x, ardour2 crashes randomly.
I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the problem, but that's another story.

If you are running gtk+ 2.6.x you should be fine. There is still an issue
with the tranzport implementation. libusb seems to be a bit too simple for
the tranzport. This causes some erratic behaviour like ardour not being able
to catch all button presses sent from the tranzport.

We are quite confident that we will (= Paul will) get this fixed, but as it
needs changes to libusb and possibly even the kernel, we just have to wait.

On the other hand, the tranzport does work already, and it's pretty darn
coold! :)

  Sampo