[ardour-users] Editing interview done with two recorders.

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed May 3 15:05:26 PDT 2006

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 05:35:30PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Unfortunately, Ardour doesn't support wiring things like this :-(
> You might be able to do it by feeding the signal through with an
> external jack app with more flexible routing.
> In fact, I'll go see if I can figure this out...

OK, at first glance it seems like jack-rack does support plugins
with sidechains.  So you could set up a pair of jack-racks,
each with an instance of SC2.  Use a patch bay such as qjackctl
to hook up the sidechain;  jack-rack exposes it as a separate JACK
input port, labelled with the plugin name.

But I only played with it briefly, and it seemed like I was
hearing the sidechain in the output, which is wrong.
Most likely I had things patched wrong, or possibly there's a bug
in the plugin or the host.

Also, this won't totally mute things - just turn them way
down.

Also, if both people talk at once they will both get ducked :-)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com