[ardour-users] Audio engine: reality or myth ?/ what about Ardour ?

Alex Megalokonomos suburbancore at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 00:04:03 PST 2006

I think what he is asking is whether there is any truth to the concept of an
audio engien aloen altering the sound/quality

i.e.
Playing back the same soundfiles on the same system through the same
soundcard through the same speakers etc. but using different apps (say
Cubase SX and Ardour)  with no effects or processing whatsoever...just
playback..., will there be a difference in sound/quality?

Yes ...I think there is....Tiny and purely subjective mind you though...

Alex

On 3/29/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 00:25 +0200, Jazzride2006 wrote:
> > Hi M Davis
> >
> > I have only one question, i'd like to know: what do you think about
> > "audio engine" . Is it a myth or a reality ? As soon as we use a
> > command, a control or level etc, is the sound changes or not ? i'd like
> > to understand.
>
> you're going to have to reword that. i can't understand any aspect of
> what you're asking.

---
We come in peace....We leave in pieces
---