[ardour-users] ardour not fast enough

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Mon Mar 27 08:11:45 PST 2006

Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:

>Paul Davis wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 09:09 -0500, Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:
>>

>>>Not much. Sometimes, when ardour gets disconnected from jack (and when
>>>it happens it happens only after I press stop), I'm just using ardour,
>>>

>>sounds like a plugin denormal issue. pentium processors get *dog slow*
>>when handling very very small floating point numbers. turn off freeverb
>>and my guess is that it will never happen.
>>
>>now, whether this is ardour's responsibility to fix, or each individual
>>plugins, or whether you should not use pentiums and stick with
>>opterons ... a tough question :)
>>
>>--
>>

>Thanks Paul for your response. The problem happens even when I'm not
>using plugins.
>

>Hector.

hi, the same with me, it happens only when press "stop" after recording.
the thing is, as i could see, that happens not if the duration of
recording is b.e. 1 minute, it happens when recording is longer then 3
or 4 minutes ( this i cant say exactly, but...).
also, only recording, no plugins, no other apis running (ex. jack and
hdsp mixer)
for me as a newbee it smells like a jack issue?
regards,
doc