[ardour-users] mic preamps

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:42:37 PST 2006

> A recording Mic pre is different
> than a board mic pre.

Hmm I dont mean to offend here, but can you supply some examples?  For
instance the Onyx pres should be identical whether in the board or in a
rackmount unit.  There will be differences in the equipment they are
paired with(The M/S decoder for example or the AD/DA) but the pres
themselves should be identical I believe.

In either application though if I get them I wouldnt use the AD/DA for
recording they have as I trust my RME for that purpose;)  Yea for analog
outs.

        Seablade