[ardour-users] ardour2.0-alpha2 is released

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 15 08:26:16 PST 2006

Paul Davis wrote:

>I have released a second alpha tarball of Ardour 2.0. A huge amount of
>work has been done since the last alpha tarball, and although there is
>definitely still some important work to be done, this is nearing beta
>status. I cannot promise that all of the reports from alpha1 have been
>addressed, but they will be before we release a beta.
>
>	http://ardour.org/ardour-2.0alpha2.tar.bz2
>
>Meanwhile, in the announcements category, I am pleased to report my
>return to full-time work on Ardour. A significant audio technology
>company has offered to pay me to work on Ardour, although at this time I
>cannot disclose their identity. Hopefully by the time LAC2006 comes
>around, they will be ready to do this.
>
>--p

Great work and great news! Thanks a lot! I love the new menus with all
the options and transport commands. VeryNice.

The only problem I found was that with some gtk themes (using Gnome) the
button labels and the menu entries disappear (or are hard to read)
because they remain white. Also, sometimes in the plugins list the
background turns into alternating light and dark lines and the text with
light background becomes unreadable. I found that It's hard to find a
theme that works well and that limits the number of themes you can use
with the rest  of Gnome. Maybe adding the option to change the text
color in ardour's excellent color manager window could be a solution.

I just wanted to report my experience.

cheers!

Hector.