[ardour-users] ardour2.0-alpha2 is released

Steve Wahl steve at pro-ns.net
Wed Mar 15 08:11:22 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 06:57:31AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> Meanwhile, in the announcements category, I am pleased to report my
> return to full-time work on Ardour. A significant audio technology
> company has offered to pay me to work on Ardour, although at this time I
> cannot disclose their identity. Hopefully by the time LAC2006 comes
> around, they will be ready to do this.

That's great!

You might think about asking this company whether you can expose a bit
more about them (without giving away the name), like in general what
line of products they make.

For instance, I'm *just* starting to set up a system to run linux
audio stuff on.  After a dismal experience attempting to get an
M-Audio Quattro working (and I CHECKED the alsa matrix before
purchasing, that list can be quite misleading), I'm evaluating my
options for a different sound hardware set up.  If the company that's
supporting you makes audio hardware, I might stick with a soundblaster
a bit longer 'till I can find out who they are, and heavily consider
their support of you when making spending decisions at that time.

Whatever it is they make, someone else might be in a position to hold
their funds and "vote with their wallet" later.

--> Steve
Steve Wahl    steve at pro-ns.net

I*have*never*abused*emacs - it was entirely consentual.  -- Jim Muchow