[ardour-users] Ardour1 and Ardour2?

blindman jones erleichda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 15:09:48 PST 2006

On 3/11/06, Alex Polite <notmyprivateemail at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/10/06, Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote:
> >     Ardour1 is actually Ardour 0.99.whatever  It was written using GTK
> > which is a graphical user interface (GUI) widget library.  Ardour2 is a
> > port (geek speak for conversion) of Ardour1 (0.99) to GTK2 which is the
> > most recent version of GTK.  GTK2 apparently includes many major
> > improvements to make the GUI much more usable than what was possible
> > under GTK.  At the moment Ardour2 is very much a beta release so, unless
> > you want to suffer through the beta testing, I would suggest you stay
> > with Ardour 1 (0.99.whatever).
>
> What are the major improvements that Ardour2 will offer?

see...
http://ardour.org/status.php

current status

Work on the GTK2 port of Ardour is nearing completion. We plan to
release a preliminary test tarball to collect user feedback in the
next few days (January 10th 2006). It has been a long and deep
process, but we think you will like the results very much. There are
many subtle changes to the GUI (and few not-so-subtle ones) that
enhance usability and workflow, even before we embark on a thorough
review of these areas.

2.0

    * (expected by the end of January
    * port to GTK+2.6/gtkmm2.6, no significant functionality changes.

--
michael jones * erleichda archiving * usa
shivering is the first step towards your destiny.....