[ardour-users] Ardour 2 OSX 10.4.5 Crash

Mat Wall-Smith mat at slashstarhash.com
Sat Mar 11 14:30:19 PST 2006

Hi All..

Can anyone tell me how to fix this error.
I can run Ardour .9 but cannot run the Ardour 2.
Strangely GIMP also seems to have stopped working and gives the same error
while I've had no problem before.

I have tried reinstalling the Developer Tools and have searched for the
appropriate library.

Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.1.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Applications/Ardour2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.0.dylib
  Reason: image not found

And relevant section from the system log..

XFree86 Version 4.4.0 / X Window System
[DRI] screen 0 installation complete
Screen 0 added: 1024x768 @ (0,0)
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from list!
bash: no job control in this shell
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.1.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Applications/Ardour2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.0.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Not sure how I would go about installing these libraries - or even sure why
they would be missing.....

Thanks,

Mat