[ardour-users] Ardour crash when move the playback cursor

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Thu Mar 9 13:52:41 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 22:43 +0100, Carlos Pino wrote:
>  Hi there,I found an issue with ardour 0.99-1 and 0.99-2,that make crash
> the app if I move the  playback cursor,with the mouse, during the
> reproduction of the tracks.It doesn't happens with 0.99,that works
> really smooth.Also tryed with the cvs version with same results. Is this
> a known bug,Anybody  got the same or similar? Is there something to do
> to avoid these?

Do you mean 0.99-1 and 0.99-2 OR 0.99.1 or 0.99.2?

The difference is that -1 and -2 are versions used by distro packagers.
Like: 0.99-1 is the first try to package ardour 0.99, and 0.99-2 is the
second one.

This issue was supposed to be fixed somewhere between 0.99 and 0.99.2

If, in fact you used 0.99.2 and still got this error. We need a
backtrace. Build ardour with DEBUG=1 and see ardour/DOCUMENTATION/FAQ
for information about backtraces.

One correction to the FAQ, though: to get the backtrace in gdb, write:
"thread apply all bt" instead of "backtrace".

Get all of the information (ALL, every single page) and paste
itsomewhere.

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>