[ardour-users] Getting the export gain right.

Alex Polite notmyprivateemail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 06:39:04 PST 2006

I've noticed that the exported wavs are louder than what I hear in
ardour. If I leave the mixer settings untouched everything will sound
OK i ardour but the exported wavs will be loud beyond the point of
distortion.  I have to pull the master mixer (right terminology?) down
to about -17 dbFS (whatever that is) to get a wav that sounds OK. Is
this expected behavior or am I doing something wrong?

I realize I need to read up on the basics of audio engineering. dbFS,
for example doesn't say me anything. Any good books, or good online
resources, out there for the lay person?

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source