[ardour-users] Newbie help with dynamics in Ardour...

Joshua Parmenter joshp at u.washington.edu
Sun Jun 25 19:14:04 PDT 2006

Using something like Audacity (which shows the compression functions)
can be handy... Learn what they do, what the values that control them
refer to, then go back to Audacity and the LADSPA plugins. There are
some great compressors in there. But unless you want to go through
this kind of trial and error, learning how to master (and the tools
you need to do it) is pretty extensive and there are entire courses
at universities and tech schools devoted to just his topic. There are
no hard and fast rules for level adjustment and dynamics
processing... just lots of experience. Courses would help, but it is
probably much more then anyone can do in an e-mail.

Josh

Joshua Parmenter
joshp at u.washington.edu
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Center for Digital Arts and
Experimental Media
Raitt Hall - University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu