[ardour-users] Plugin automation

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jun 16 05:33:41 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 14:13 +0200, Alex Polite wrote:
> On 6/16/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 13:35 +0200, Alex Polite wrote:
> > > Is it possible to automate (ie automate the extent to which a effect
> > > plugin is applied) effect plugins in ardour?
> >
> > yes.

note that ardour does not provide "plugin FX level" parameters. if the
plugin doesn't have a parameter to vary its "intensity", you can't
automate this.

> Cool. Is it also possible to have a gain effect work on the gain
> envelope rather than on the energy itself, so that I can later hand
> tune the result of the effect without losing any signal quality?

ardour has its own gain automation that works this way. plugins have no
access to ardour's gain automation. at some point it would be nice to be
able to generate standard waveforms for gain + pan automation (e.g.
sine, triangle etc)