[ardour-users] ardour crash in splice mode
finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Jun 7 08:53:02 PDT 2006
Am 07. Juni 2006, 11:38 Uhr (-0400) schrieb Paul Davis:
> i was thinking more along the following lines: click in a track between
> two regions - it defines the range and switches into range mode. delete
> then cuts the area. global settings define whether only the adjacent
> region moves or later regions as well.
Then we would have five cases for the global settings:
1. all regions get concatenated, even regions before the edit,
shifting the edited point backwards in the track (current slice
2. only regions after the edit get concatenated in the track.
3. regions after the edit get shifted by the amount of cut/inserted time.
4. only local change, shifting all regions which are
adjacent to the current region.
5. No change (current slide mode behaviour).
Adjacent in the 4th case should be defined as "a continuous area of
adjacent or overlapping regions" in order to keep crossfades right to
the edit in place.
More information about the Ardour-Users