[ardour-users] MIDI (was no subject)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Jul 27 01:24:26 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 10:03:31PM +0200, xaero at inwind.it wrote:

> I write here to know if and when ardour support MIDI data sequencing.
> Maybe this question was already asked, but today the lists.ardour.org
> server is very slow, so I cannot search in it.

MIDI track support is a Google Summer of Code project with Dave Robillard.
http://code.google.com/soc/ardour/appinfo.html?csaid=C321119C45B9B453

The project is due August 21 by 08:00 pacific daylight time :)

Note that it's about the infrastructure, not the GUI means to edit MIDI,
that shall be the next step. Needs quite some planning, though, I guess.

> so would be nice to know if ardour development is open to this, and if,
> I would be happy to collaborate...

I'm sure it is. It should help if you can drop by in #ardour on
irc.freenode.net.

BTW, please don't leave subject empty.

--
Thorsten Wilms