[ardour-users] ineffective crossfade

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed Jul 19 00:10:33 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 22:51 -0500, Brett Clark wrote:
> Actually, lets hold off on debugging this issue because i think that
> there is a problem with my setup.  I went to add some plugins to the
> track that i did the "punch in" on, and i noticed that when i loop
> through a range then it pops and bleeps at the end of the range before
> it loops back to the beginning.  It didnt do this before, so i went back
> to some old sessions and it does the same thing on them.  I know that
> it never used to do it on those old sessions, so im assuming that i
> messed something up in my setup recently.  Im going to try and recompile
> and reinstall and see if the problem clears up.

The pop you hear at the end of looping is probably caused by ardour
settings as well. When you are using the jack transport, ardour cannot
guarantee a pop-free transition from the end of the loop to the start of
the loop. Actually, we can almost guarantee that you _will_ hear a pop
when looping with jack transport.

Set the positional sync in options->Sync to "internal" and you should be
fine.

 Sampo

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>