[ardour-users] a few issues in OSX

Matthew Polashek matt at tinysongs.com
Sat Jan 21 11:47:30 PST 2006

I've been editing some live trax in Ardour on OSX today.  Here are a few
issues I've noticed.

1 - The keyboard commands don't work consistently.
2 - When clicking on the Editor/Mixer button in the editor window, the
track that is displayed is determined at random somehow.
3 - Templates are not recognized until after one quits and re-launches
ardour and X11
4 - Plug-in saved settings are not recognized until you close a session
and re-open it...sometimes.
5 - SC4 doesn't really work.
6 - When you run out of drive space, like when saving a session, Ardour
can't figure out when you've made room.
7 - The recording time available is not determined correctly.
8 - Groups can only be assigned in the Editor window and they do not
show up in the mixer window.

Here are some features that would be nice:
1 - Mute groups.
2 - Save-able Plug in Groupings.
3 - A way to select a region more accurately for export.
4 - A way to determine the length of a "session."

It's working great, by the way, I'll have the .wavs posted here.  It's a
live recording of a little outdoor festival I did with my cover band in
North Jersey last fall.  We have a new chick singer now.

tinysongs.com/SteveSecretFolder

Thanks!

--
*Matthew Polashek*