[ardour-users] ardour2 first run

Mike Fisher mrfisher_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 06:33:20 PST 2006

 Hi.
 Gentoo Linux, jack 0.100.1, ardour2-cvs

 Ardour/GTK 2.0alpha1
     (built using 1.0.2 with libardour 1.0.0 and GCC version 3.3.6 (Gento 3.3.6, ssp-3.3.6-1.0, pie-8.7.8))

 Ok so I downloaded the ardour2-cvs tree.  compiled it and installed in with no problems.  when I run the program I get this error...but it still starts and runs.

 " (ardour:10685): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_set_property: object class 'GtkSettings' has no property named 'gtk-can-change-accels' "

 Also, with the plugin dialog. I can add a plugin to a track no problem.  But, when I go back to add another, the first one still appears in the bottom half of the plugin dialog.  Although I don't think that it is 'really' there.  When I try to remove it from here ardour crashes.  Also in the plugin dialog, ardour will crash if I try to remove a plugin that isn't there.  Ardour does not crash if I open the plugin dialog, add a plugin, and then remove it.  Crashes only after I click ok from the dialog and then go back to it.  I hope this makes sense.

 I've been trying to use gdb and I can get ardour to run under it. but when ardour crashes, it just hangs for a really really really long time.  I actually end up pressing ctrl+c to stop it. (from the shell)  Is there something else I should be doing?

 Mike