[ardour-users] best file system for audio

Brett Clark Brett at ciscoinc.com
Thu Jan 19 09:57:27 PST 2006

Here is a link to a fs benchmark: http://linuxgazette.net/122/TWDT.html#piszcz

According to this, ReiserFSv4 does a terrible job at large files (see the section on 'Create 1GB file' and 'Copy 1GB file').  Reiser took almost 50% longer to create a 1GB file, and 30% longer to copy than ext3.  ReiserFS v3 does a better job than v4 (the newer version has worse performance???), but is still slower than ext2 and ext3.

--Brett