[ardour-users] moving segments and automation curves simultaneously

Peter Lutek plutek at infinity.net
Thu Jan 19 09:28:59 PST 2006

Paul Symons wrote:

>On Thursday 19 January 2006 16:44, Paul Davis wrote:
>

>>>Is it possible to raise or lower the whole gain curve?
>>>(not only part between its two nodes)
>>>

>>not at present. it would be a nice feature. any ideas for how you would
>>actually do this in terms of user interaction?
>>

>the most obvious idea to me on first thought, would be to use the range tool
>to select a "range" of automation. that automation could then be cut, copied
>or pasted to another place (perhaps where the edit cursor is?), overwriting
>whatever automation exists at the new range.
>
>Paul

or a rubber band box which, when started in an automation pane could be
dragged out through the automation panes of adjacent tracks, for raising
or lower entire sections of automation on groups of tracks all at once.
the selection box could be instructed to only select automation, not
audio regions, when it is started in an automation pane. then, dragging
any one of the selected track automation ranges could offset the
automation range in all selected tracks.

-p