[ardour-users] auditioning groups of tracks at once & disk too slow

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Sat Jan 14 22:18:10 PST 2006

On 14 January 2006 at 9:11, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've been doing just fine up until now with 10-20 tracks.  Is ardour
> > reading all of my tracks, even though most of them are muted?
>
> Mute all tracks and check for disk activity. That would tell you the
> correct answer.

I'm not sure how to check for disk activity.  Normally I'd see a
disk light on, but it's not now.  If the disk were louder, then
I could hear it chatter, but I can't.  I explored some system
monitor programs, but none that I found had anything disk related
other than swapping.  Any ideas?   I'll also look at the [in]active
disk activity, once I know where/how to look.

Thanks....

--
Kevin