[ardour-users] Help sorting out XRuns

Ross Vandegrift ross at lug.udel.edu
Fri Jan 13 17:32:54 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 03:55:14PM +0000, David Mulcahy wrote:
> And I keep saying this but recent versions of glibc
> mount /dev/shm if it is compiled into the kernel without putting it
> into /etc/fstab.  It does on debian.  does it on other distros.  In fact with
> with recent kernels/distros no /tmp/jack or /dev/shm setting are needed in
> fstab.  I would be interested to see if this is the case.  Please let me
> know.

I don't know how recent "recent" means, but I'm not seeing it here:

root at turalyon:~# mount | grep shm
root at turalyon:~# touch /dev/shm/asdf
root at turalyon:~# mount | grep shm
root at turalyon:~# echo "lalalala" > /dev/shm/asdf
root at turalyon:~# mount | grep shm
root at turalyon:~# cat /dev/shm/asdf
lalalala
root at turalyon:~# mount | grep shm

This is glibc 2.3.4, as shipped with Slackware 10.1.0.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu

man in the bonds of Hell."