[ardour-users] Survey - what sound card/interface are you using with Ardour?

Zachris Trolin zach-tro at dsv.su.se
Sun Jan 1 02:04:34 PST 2006

lör 2005-12-31 klockan 12:29 -0600 skrev Christopher:

> Of course, I'd like the most bang for my buck, but currently I really
> only need maybe 4 or 8 channels of A/D conversion.  But my biggest
> concern is driver support.  I know RME has a good record of putting
> out linux drivers, but are there any other companies that do the same,
> even for more sophisticated cards?

RME is not a linux friendly company as I gather it(not directly hostile
either). I don't think they made any drivers for linux, Paul and others
made them. Recent hardware from RME using Firewire is not and will never
be supported unless they change their policy and *allow* some third
party developer make a driver for linux. (se freebob projects comments
about this).

However the cards that are supported are very nice, some day I'll buy
one.

Now Im using a Delta 1010LT.