[ardour-users] Jack over LAN?

Lars Tobias Børsting lars.tobias.borsting at ntnu.no
Fri Feb 24 07:17:42 PST 2006

"Alex Polite" <notmyprivateemail at gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to have ardour connect to a jack server running on
> another computer.

This would require the jack server on your closet-computer to listen on
a network socket, which it can't to my knowledge. In any case, you will
not get very low latency audio support over Ethernet.

> At home I have a fast headless server in a closet and use a somewhat
> slow laptop as a terminal. It would be great if could run ardour on
> the server but have it use the X server and the audio server on my
> laptop.

I think maybe a better solution would be to set up a streaming audio
server on your Ardour-computer and make it set up and listen on a jack
port on the jackd server, then make Ardour master out connect to this.

--
Regards,

Lars Tobias