[ardour-users] Problems with 0.99.2 on MacOS 10.3.9

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:25:13 PST 2006

> Strange.   With ardour not running, edit the file
> /Users/seablade/.ardour/ardour.rc
> and remove the line near the top with <MIDI-port .... >.  That should
> stop ardour looking for it.   I would like to know why the problem
> occurs on your system though....

Not real sure, but thanks for the update, wasnt sure if that was all I
needed to do or not.  I have problems with coremidi on this machine
though so it may be unrelated to ardour, but it might be nice if ardour
could sense it and give an option to continue without Midi.

Another feature request though for either branch of ardour at the
moment.  The ability to deactivate edit groups, I recently started
trying a new workflow for the show I am working on, and I have one
project for multiple sound effects I am building, and I deactivate the
tracks when I am not working on that effect.  It allows me a somewhat
quicker workflow.  However deactivating 8 tracks at a time for a sound
cue can be cumbersome, so the ability to deactivate based off of edit
group might be nice.

Also having the ability for deactivated tracks to be removed from Jack
so as to not take up availiable Jack ports(And thus resources as well)
would as well be very nice.  Having the patch state saved upon
deactivation would be a requirement for this to be done well I think.

      Seablade