[ardour-users] mysterious xrun phenomenon

Don Fredricks ardour at handsfull.net
Thu Feb 16 13:31:23 PST 2006

> I was running some gverb on the mono (vocal) track. Removed the track
and the xruns don't happen. At about the eleven minute mark as I type this
in gnus, no xruns.

It's possible that gverb is going into denormal mode. This can bring a
powerful CPU to its knees. I've seen this effect when using (IIRC) the
GLAME highpass filter as a track plugin.

Do the xruns start at a time when the vocal track goes very quiet? This
would point to a possible denormal problem.

Try putting the reverb on a bus, instead of on the track. (Create a send
on the track, and route the send to the bus.)

Don
ardour at handsfull.net