[ardour-users] bypass/activate plugins with automation?

David Slimp rock808 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 01:11:23 PST 2006

Thanks....

The main reason I did not want to have two tracks for this is because
I found THIS in the Ardour Manual:

"[playlists] are not equivalent to tracks, which require extra CPU
time and significant memory space"

I'd prefer to not have an extra track if it's going to consume more CPU and
memory... especially when there is only 15 seconds of audio that needs
the 2nd plug in ... out of a 6 minute song.

The track contains audio for a guitar... 5:45 requires one plug-in, the
last 15 seconds require another.  If I was doing this live, I would have'
2 stomp-boxes, and would turn the distortion off while turning the reverb on.
Certainly there's a way to handle this on the computer, in a similar way?

... especially if more tracks are going to consume more RAM as the docs say.

David