[ardour-users] exported WAV files have very low volume

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Sun Feb 12 08:46:24 PST 2006

Right now the main thing I'm using ardour for, until I get my full
multi-track rig together, is digitizing my old 2 and 4 track rehearsal
tapes.  When I listen to the sessions that I've recorded in ardour itself,
the volume seems to be OK, but when I export sections to WAV files to burn
onto a CD, the volume on those files seems to be very low.  In some cases,
the volume is so low that they're inaudible.

My questions are:
1) Can I boost the gain of exported regions in ardour, or
2) Is there a plugin that will do it, or
3) Could someone recommend an external program to let me boost/normalize
gain across a set of WAV files?

Thanks
jms