[ardour-users] Songs tosted by the zoom tool.

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Wed Feb 8 18:53:58 PST 2006

On 2/8/06, Brian Dunn <brianpatrickdunn at gmail.com> wrote:
> first, let me just say that Ardour is the most exciting and sweet
> piece of sound software available for linux.  Recently i've been
> laying down some of the songs me and my wife have written, and on two
> seperate occasions my songs have become unstable. by unstable i mean
> the files loaded, closed, and saved just fine for a long time, then
> while using the zoom tool and rolling the mouse wheel ardour would
> crash.  Ardour would still load up and run just fine after that, but
> whenever i tried to open the songs it crashed on, it would look for a
> split second like it had loaded properly, and then ardour would crash
> again.  This can be repeated ad nauseum.  Many hours went into one of
> these songs. is there any way to fix it?

You've come to the right place.

That is a pretty strange report, I must say.  Anyway, if you can, the
best way to help us figure it out is for you to first rebuild ardour
with the debugging enabled (scons DEBUG=yes).  Then look in the
DOCUMENTATION/FAQ file for information about running ardour under gdb
(it isn't too hard).  Then report back with the traceback that you
find when you reproduce the crash.

If you need help with any of the steps, feel free to post here or go
on IRC at irc.freenode.net  in the #ardour channel.

good luck,

jlc