[ardour-users] Ardour GUI vs Gtk Themes

Nicola Mattei foxdalailama at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:52:18 PST 2006

(This is the second time I send this email 'cause I don't know if
anyone receive it the first time, Thank you for answering a question
from a newbie of the list)

Hi again, I'm a new member of this list and I previously posted my
first message to the list about a problem in the GUI of Ardour with a
lot of gtk themes. I know it's not an important question but I think
that it's quite annoying for an end-user running gnome with his
"very-cool-and-wonderful" preferred theme to run Ardour and
then...open the theme manager and change his theme 'cause Ardour's GUI
was very difficult to read with the first one.
The first thing to decide, in my opinion, is if it is a theme's
problem or an ardour problem.
(and a lot of themes have such a problem)
Second if it is possibile with gtk to load a different theme only for
one application while the rest of DE is using an other one (in this
case I think it would be possible to add a --no-gtk-theme or
--default-theme command-line parameter in order to start Ardor with a
default theme).
Another way could be to let the user change the font color in order to
put a dark one when the theme is bright and viceversa.
May anyone who knows the reason why this problem happens could explain
it to me so I could try to figure out a kind of solution? thanks a
lot.

P.s: I'm starting translating the wiki manual in Italian, (I began to
do it yesterday so I've only translated the page "Getting Audio In,
Out and Around Your Computer") but I hope to proceede fast in my very
little free time. Of course any help from anyone knows italian is
greatly welcome!

Greetings,
Mattei Nicola

(below I added my previous message)