[ardour-users] Xjadeo

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Feb 8 10:19:25 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 09:57 -0800, Daniel Fort wrote:
> Xjadeo syncs to jack. Don't know how the developers feel, but it would be
> great to have Xjadeo integrated pretty much like AniComp was done. That
> is, when AniComp is installed it appears in the Ardour menu. (Although it
> seems that AniComp support was removed in Ardour2.)

the menus are defined in text files now. any user can define their own
menus as they wish. neat, eh?

if you have anicomp, the relevant menu item is:

	<menuitem action='aniConnect'/>

as before, the action is not available unless AniComp can be found in
your PATH.

> By the way, it would be great if a second system dedicated to video
> playback could be synced to Ardour. This is what I have seen done with
> Protools and Virtual VTR on a mix stage for a feature film.

you use MTC+SMPTE for this. you do need a converter for now, because we
still don't have SMPTE converters inside JACK or Ardour.

--p