[ardour-users] [OT] ML problem

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Sat Feb 4 09:55:36 PST 2006

On 4 February 2006 at 18:50, Alessandro De Zorzi <lota at klez.it> wrote:

> I received last mail 25-01-2006
> today Mailman send to me this message
>
> [...Your membership in the mailing list ardour-users has been disabled due
> to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
> 28-Jan-2006...]
>
> my server reject mail from ardour-list because IP is in sorbs black list
>
> Jan 28 19:52:45 ns1 postfix/smtpd[31952]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
> frida.dreamhost.com[66.33.206.23]: 550 Service unavailable; Client host
> [66.33.206.23] blocked using dnsbl.sorbs.net; Spam Received See:
> http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?66.33.206.23;
> from=<ardour-users-bounces at lists.ardour.org> to=<lota at klez.it>
> proto=ESMTP helo=<frida.dreamhost.com>

I also received an email saying just the same thing, and for just
the same reason.  I looked up the entry at sorbs.net and found it
to be created on Jan 25th, then edited on Feb 2nd.  The timing of
the first entry could be about right to start generating bounces.
The 2nd entry might have fixed it, but I really don't know.  My
ISP just white listed ardour.org for me this morning, and I
reactivated my subscription.  So, my subscription shouldn't be
disabled now.  But, it could be a really lonely list, if everyone
else is still bounced off of it.

Cheers....

--
Kevin