[ardour-users] Ardour, Jack, and FreeBob

Philip Fizur phil at fizur.net
Thu Dec 28 16:21:46 PST 2006

Greetings

I've been reading this list for a while and it's been most helpful, now I
have a question of my own.

This evening I built jack, freebob, and ardour from their respective svn
repos. All went well, I even ran the freebob tests and it saw my FirePod and
all it's glory. Running jackd -d freebob, however, returns unknown driver
'freebob'. Googling this situation only returns one useful item which
indicates that I should be running at least version 251 which I am (actually
somewhere in the 300 range). So, any thoughts on how to make jack so what
I'm pretty sure is a functional installation of FreeBob?

--
Philip Fizur
Web and Database Development