[ardour-users] USB Devices

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Dec 28 09:00:23 PST 2006

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Check http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ or directly the audio devices
> > with http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevcat.php?w=d&id=53 for
> > supported and unsupported USB devices.
>
> Sorry, that's the better list for devices with ALSA-drivers:
> http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevcat.php?w=d&id=44

And to give some recommendations: Edirol cards generally are quite
popular and the USB1.1 device all are supported AFAIK. I own the
Terratec Phase 26, which also is very nice, has Midi, supports 96kHz,
but lacks balanced in/outputs. It is quite inexpensive with some
dealers, if you can get a package without the Windows software.

Generally M-Audio devices can be tricky. Some like the Quattro are
notorius for being unsupported and are really hated among some Linux
Audio users. So be careful with these and check qbik.ch first.

All USB devices have the same latency, so this should not be a point
to give further thoughts. ADC/DAC quality however is, so cheaper cards
like the Terratec Aureon probably are not what you look for.

Ciao