[ardour-users] A decent sound card for Ardour

Nick Scheer nscheer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 06:42:47 PST 2006

Hi John,

I actually doubt that very many people use the on-board "stock" sound
hardware on their motherboards with Ardour, since the functionality and
quality generally isn't up to snuff for that kind of work.

I am currently using an M Audio Delta 66, and am happy with it. I would do a
little research and find a card that suits your particular needs, then
verify that it is well-supported under Linux. The ALSA project website has a
soundcard matrix  at http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ which I have
found to be extremely useful for this purpose.

Regards,

--Nick