[ardour-users] Ardour2 download location for Mac

Iwan Heskamp iheskamp at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 30 00:37:59 PDT 2006

On Wed, August 30, 2006 06:37, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Here is the new link for the last OS X Ardour2 beta (released in
> mid-june) modified to load the new LADSPA plugins properly.
>   http://ardour.org/files/releases/ardour2-beta2b.dmg
>
> Much has changed since then, so although bug reports are welcome, they
> might already be fixed in development.  Hopefully a new beta will be
> available in the near future.

I don't know if they have been fixed yet, but these are some issues I ran
into  with the other beta:

* The location of 'Ardour2.app' cannot have spaces in it. This might be
important to people with localities where 'Applications' is two words.
* The action of the + and the - key on the main keyboard are reversed (num
keypad doesn't work at all)
* Software Monitoring has some kind of delayed signal present, so vocals
sound like a pirate radio channel with an ugly delay, like a metallic
distortion. This is only during recording. Most of the time I use hardware
monitoring so it's not a problem. This might be a mis-configuration on my
side? (What does the 'latency' in the JACK submenu do?)

These issues are on 3 macs: 2 PPC and 1 Intel.

Thanks, (also for the plugins!)

  Iwan