[ardour-users] jack on gentoo tmpfs? ramfs?

Andrew Johnston andyandtaya at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 21:32:53 PDT 2006

Just make sure you don't create an fstab entry for /tmp/jack, as it's not
needed.   I think gentoo automagically has the entry for /dev/shm in fstab,
so jack will find it and use it.  So yeah, addin jack-tmpfs into your use
flags in /etc/make.conf is all you gotta do.  Made a massive difference for
me.

GO GENTOO!

Andy J =)