[ardour-users] Export Range to File

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Apr 6 03:32:14 PDT 2006

kens <kens at kensnet.org>:
> Paul Davis wrote:
> >On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 00:34 +0100, kens wrote:
> >>Does the Export Range to file function work at the
> >> moment. I'm using .99.1 on a FC3 CCRMA setup. I'm sure
> >> I've made it work before but maybe I've gone brain dead
> >> today. The Export Function just says there are is no
> >> range to export. What incantation am I missing in
> >> setting up the range. If there is a simple blow by blow
> >> procedure I can follow that would be great.
> >
> >1) put the mouse into range mode ("r" or click on the
> > range mode button).
> >2) press-drag-release to define a range
> >3) now export range
>
> Thanks Paul, As far as I can tell that's what I'm doing,
> see screenshot at www.kensnet.org/Screenshot.png  Do I need
> to do anything else after defining a range? Really weird.

Do this on any track instead of in the "Range Markers" ruler.
The difference is obvious and a tad unfortunate at the same
time.

I sometimes miss a 2-way "Create from ..." in order to be able
to easily create 2 range markers from a mouse-made editor
range / create an editor range from 2 pre-set range markers.

--
Wolfgang