[ardour-users] Jack is Jacked REVISITED

Mike Fisher mrfisher_1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 06:28:23 PDT 2006

Yeah, I tried that and it works (doing the gid thing in modules.conf)... thanks for everybodies help. I really appreciate it.

Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas at gmx.net> wrote:  On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:47:55 -0700 (PDT)
Mike Fisher  wrote:

>  I have the realtime-lsm package installed and loaded... so I don't  understand why I can't use realtime as a normal user... perhaps i'm  missing something in my kernel config? I have no clue... and for the  record my /usr/src/linux points to the right place.

Reading the documentation might help. You need to tell the realtime lsm
which usergroup to grant realtime privileges via the gid parameter.

i.e.

modprobe realtime gid=29

see /etc/group for the gids. Also it might be wiser to put that option
into /etc/modules.conf or equivalenten.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!