[ardour-users] OSX font problem

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Apr 4 07:55:37 PDT 2006

On 4/4/06, stefan kersten <steve at k-hornz.de> wrote:
> i have a feeling this has come up before but i couldn't find
> an answer: we're running ardour on 10.4.3 with apple's X11
> and there seems to be a problem with font paths, because
> ardour's ui doesn't show any text at all.

Well, we think it also has to do with native language support issues.
Some people have found if they change the system language to English
the problem goes away...
We're not sure what the deal is.

> any ideas where to start looking?
>
> btw, i didn't include console debug output because i don't
> know how to start the ardour binary in the bundle Resource
> directory from an xterm; how would i do that?

Just use the Applications/Utilities/Console application, all logging
shows up in the console.log there.

jlc