[ardour-users] Compiling Problem?

James ardour at electronic-quill.net
Tue Sep 20 03:40:42 PDT 2005

I've gotten the same AM_PATH_GTK error with the 0.9beta30 release.
A couple of releases ago, I ran into that problem, which turned out to
be a case of the gtk+ rpm being installed without a corresponding -devel
rpm. The fix, of course, is to either install the -devel rpm or remove
the rpm and install gtk+-1.2.10 from source.

This time, I had to comment out the AM_PATH_GTK check in
libs/gtkmm/configure.ac (line 172) to get it to compile.
I'm not sure which aspect of Fedora Core 4 it didn't like, but it
compiled happily thereafter.

HTH,
James