[ardour-users] newbie: exporting to mp3

Andy Joslin andy.joslin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:36:16 PDT 2005

I am new to ardour, and haven't had a whole lot of seat time, but so far...
I like it. I want to use it to record for a podcast. When exporting to an
audiofile, I see that there is not an option (out of the box) to export to
an mp3 format. How do I go about doing the conversion? I prefer to do it
native to ardour rather than running a convert utility after the export to
wav, because disk space will be an issue.

I imagine there is some sort of plug-in available?

Any pointers would be appreciated... (reminder... I am a newbie at ardour,
but not with Linux)

Running on:
RHEL AS v.4
Mo.bo <http://Mo.bo>. sound card