[ardour-users] Ardour needs a forum

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:35:55 PDT 2005

On 9/9/05, Jesse Chappell <jesse at essej.net> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote on Fri, 09-Sep-2005:
>
>  > As I see this it's all in the eye of the beholder. Let the forum get
>  > started, either at Ardour.org or somewhere else. If it gains traction,
>  > gets used and has significant content and value then that's great. If
>  > it doesn't then it won't matter much. Those who want it will use it.
>  > Those who don't will get emails, some of which will tell us 'That was
>  > discussed in the forum'! (If indeed it was....) ;-)
>
> The one problem is that there are still too few people who
> *really* know ardour well enough to stop any potential misinformation or
> inaccuracies.  Hopefully at least one of those people will monitor
> the forums to save everyone else some trouble....
>
> jlc

That would be you, right? ;-)

Whether in a forum or on this list good information is key. One hopes
that over time the community does a good enough job of policing itself
interms of content, but again, that's part of a forum gaining traction
I think.

When Jan gets back on-line I nominate him as official forum policeman!
Do I here a second? ;-)

- Mark