[ardour-users] Ardour needs a forum

James Rich james at chowhouse.com
Thu Sep 1 16:09:54 PDT 2005

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Paul Davis wrote:

> if there is going to be a forum, despite my "opposition" to it, i would
> much prefer if it was at ardour.org

I prefer this mailing list over a forum myself.  But Benny and I (mostly
Benny) had already set up the www.chowhouse.com/ardour/ forum for an
ardour related purpose.  So it seemed reasonable to use it for those
wanting an ardour forum.  However, if an official forum is wanted, then I
agree that it should be at ardour.org.

I think the www.chowhouse.com/ardour/ forum fills the need for a place to
discuss ardour, post pictures, etc. that can't really be done well in a
mailing list.  This mailing list should always be the official place to
ask usability questions, imo.  But there are topics that are off-topic to
this and the dev list that are ardour related.  People are free to use
www.chowhouse.com/ardour/ for that purpose.

James Rich