[ardour-users] OS X Hardware support for Ardour

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:11:51 PDT 2005

Hi,
   With Ardour seeming to install and run very nicely on my Mac Mini
it leads me to ask what audio hardware is supported on this platform?
Am I restricted to some subset of Alsa supported USB/1394 devices, or
can I use anything supported by OS X?

  I'm very new with Macs. This is the first I've owned. I would
definitely need something that is capable of syncing to an outside
clock source so that it could talk to my main Linux box. I'll want a
digital interface back to my main system, either over ADAT or spdif.

   Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

cheers,
Mark